Apart from providing innovative content and notifications on the go, this new Utility and Lifestyle iPhone Application also aims to encourage Singaporeans to have a closer bond with water.
Singapore, 28 June 2012 – Starting today, members of the public can download a utility and lifestyle iPhone application called MyWaters to access a wide array of information and services provided by PUB, the national water agency. This free application provides useful and timely information on water-related topics and also engages users in a fun and light-hearted way. Users will enjoy one of the most unique application experiences with features including the introduction of Active, Beautiful and Clean Waters (ABC Waters) sites that users can visit, and calendar of community events. Users can also go on a ‘water trivia’ pursuit and learn more about Singapore’s water story. In addition, users can embark on an informative self-guided “eTour” at the Marina Barrage. Interactive elements of this application include a ‘share’ feature which enables users to upload photos of the beautiful waterscapes around the island onto a public gallery, a dedicated feedback channel where users can send their feedback/suggestions to PUB with photos as well as an augmented reality feature which enables them to take a snapshot with Water Wally at MacRitchie Reservoir.
Through this application, users can also gain easy access to the latest on flash flood situations by checking water level information in key drain and canals, as well as road conditions at selected areas via CCTV images during rainstorms. In addition, this new app allows users to subscribe to iPhone push notifications from multiple water level sensors across the island.
The main features include:
· Access to 24 CCTV cameras to view the situation at selected flood prone areas. Users can do a search for cameras located at their area of interest via Current Location, Postal Code or Street Name.
· Push-notifications on rising/receding water levels from a network of 153 sensors located around our island. Users can also search all 153 sensors via Current Location, Postal Code or Street Name. A detailed map view of the selected area and a graph of water level for past two hours are also shown. Users are also given an option to subscribe to SMS Alerts or iPhone iAlerts to receive the information.
· View and share the latest water related events on to their Facebook. There is also a “Notify Me” function that auto-updates the event to the user’s iCalendar.
· Have fun with our Augmented Reality Water Wally and share your amazing photos.
· Go on a tour of Marina Barrage with the eTours function.
· Search for information and view/share photos from our various ABC Waters sites.
· Take a quiz and see how well you fare in our water trivia.
· Enjoy the convenience of providing feedback to PUB anytime, anywhere.
· Like and follow PUB on our Facebook page.
Said George Madhavan, Director of 3P Network at PUB: "MyWaters app is a natural extension of our public engagement efforts to better connect with the community. This new iPhone application provides seamless up-to-date information at your finger tips and is a great way for us to reach out and interact with users wherever they are. PUB intends to roll out this application on other mobile platforms by the end of this year.”
Users can download the MyWaters iPhone application in any country where an iTunes Store is available. This application is also compatible with the iPhone and iPad.
Download our free iPhone application from Apple’s App Store: MyWaters
PUB is a statutory board under the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources. It is the water agency that manages Singapore’s water supply, water catchment and used water in an integrated way.
About PUB’s tagline: Water for All: Conserve, Value, Enjoy
PUB has ensured a diversified and sustainable supply of water for Singapore with the Four National Taps (local catchment water, imported water, NEWater, desalinated water).
To provide water for all, PUB calls on all to play our part to conserve water, keep our water catchments and waterways clean and build a relationship with water so we can enjoy our water resources. If we all play our part, we can have enough water for all our needs – for industry, for living, for life.
Find out more about us:
Visit our website at: www.pub.gov.sg
Like us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/PUBsg
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/PUBsingapore
For our latest photographs, visit: http://www.flickr.com/PUBsg
Download our iPhone app from Apple’s App Store: MyWaters
Annex A [470.8 KB]
|Name||Syed Omar Fadzil|